Original Short Play- Plan B


By-Monica Adrian




Scene 1
In a bedroom. The two of them are in the bed together. There is a door stage right. Stage left there is a puppet stage with a penis puppet and a vagina puppet similar to what is seen on the playbill. Throughout the scenes they are reacting to the plot, simply just watching, or fondling each other. It’s whatever you wish to do with them.

DAISY (Sung)
Can’t you see?
That we’re playing with fire,
With your tactics and your crazy antics,
You’re going to have to say no for me,
Unless you want a baby,
When I beg,
When I plead,
Don’t you dare give me,
Oh what I need,

(Tyler Joins in singing but Daisy is still louder)
Cuz we’re just being irresponsible,
And when we have just met let’s not have an accident,
So you’ll (I’ll) just have to stay out of me (you),
Until the pills kick in and we’re home free,

(Back to just Daisy)
Don’t you know that I can’t refuse,
Cuz you make me lose my mind so it’s up to you to choose,
You’re just going to have to stay strong for the both of us,
Cuz I can’t deny my lust, not when it comes to us,
Oh pull out now!
Pull out now!
Pull out now!
Because you know that you really should,
Oh pull out now!
Pull out now!
Pull out now!
Oh but you make it feel too good,

(Tyler Joins in singing but Daisy is still louder)
Cuz we’re just being irresponsible,
And when we have just met let’s not have an accident,
So you’ll just have to stay out of me,
Until the pills kick in and we’re home free,

(Back to just Daisy)
Why can’t you just take the plastic,
But you won’t have it,
Without direct contact,
It’s a dangerous game,
That we’ve gotten ourselves into,
Oh it kills me to have or not have you,
So what will it be?
How long can we just tease?
Oh it’s gonna happen,
Babe just let it happen.




TYLER
 I think we should.
DAISY
You said we didn’t need to.
TYLER
 I know what I said. But I’ve been thinking this morning that it might be a better idea to stop at the pharmacy.
DAISY
 I asked you last night and you said it was fine, that nothing would happen to me.
TYLER
 Daisy, I know what I said but I wasn’t in the best place of judgment then.
DAISY
 I trusted you.
TYLER
 Well trust me now.
(Daisy buries her head under the blanket and then takes it back out.)

DAISY
 I wish I wasn’t having to deal with this.
TYLER
I know. (Pause) It’s okay I’ll pay for half.
DAISY
Excuse me? This is your fault. You pay for it.
TYLER
 Well it is for both of us.
(Daisy glares at him)
Okay I’ll pay.

DAISY
 And that’s not even the problem. It’s not about the money.
TYLER
 Well then what is it?
DAISY
 Isn’t it like getting an abortion?
TYLER
 There’s no fetus yet.
DAISY
How do you know?
TYLER
Of course I know. I was a bio major.
DAISY
Maybe it’s just a teeny-tiny microscopic fetus.
TYLER
 It takes more time than that. All it will do is give you a bunch of extra hormones so it won’t happen.
DAISY
Maybe you’re wrong. Maybe it already counts as a life and we’re going to kill it.
TYLER
My sperm is alive and those die all the time.
DAISY
 It’s not the same!

TYLER
There's probably a few billion dead sperm in my laundry.


DAISY

Ewe.

TYLER
It’s fine Daisy. There’s nothing wrong with taking it.
DAISY
Well what you did was wrong.
TYLER
What did I do?
DAISY
(mimicking him) “It’s fine Daisy. Don’t worry. I’ll pull out. I have a low sperm count and they’re bad swimmers. I’m sure you’re not ovulating-”

TYLER
I just want to be one-hundred percent sure.
DAISY
Don’t pretend you’re doing this for me.
TYLER
Do you want to get pregnant?
DAISY
 No. I’m on the pill now. I think we should just wait till it’s been the full two weeks.
TYLER
Okay. That’s fine.
DAISY
I would be fine with doing it with a condom but you can’t go near those things.
TYLER
 I wish I could. I don’t know what it is.
DAISY
Not like you have the best time staying hard even without one. (Pause) I’m sorry. I didn’t mean that.
TYLER
No, it’s true. I don’t know what it is.
DAISY
I’m sorry.
TYLER
 It’s okay.
DAISY
Your dick is fine. ( pause) You know I like having sex with you.
TYLER
I know.
DAISY
Do you?
TYLER
I know you do. You’re plenty loud.
DAISY
I mean it’s really good. Especially when it’s hard.
(Tyler looks down)
DAISY
I’m sorry. That’s not making it better is it?
TYLER
It’s okay. You don’t have to say anything more.
DAISY
I do enjoy it. It’s just too bad when it’s short. Not that it’s short. I was talking about the sex. I mean it’s not long. I’m sorry.
TYLER
Daisy.
DAISY
I mean I don’t need a giant-
TYLER
Daisy. (Pause) We gotta get that pill for you.
DAISY
Well you pulled out didn’t you?
TYLER
Maybe not quick enough.
DAISY
Are you serious? Well how much do you think got in?
TYLER
I don’t know.
DAISY
Like a teaspoon? Tablespoon? An ounce? Two ounces?
TYLER
I don’t know Daisy. I can’t give you a precise measurement. It’s not like I ever bake with my sperm.
DAISY
Yes, I’m sure you don’t go around making sperm cookies.
TYLER
They could be good. You wouldn’t have to add salt.
DAISY
Really Tyler?
TYLER
I’m just saying.
DAISY
How much did you get in me?
TYLER
I don’t know. Enough.
DAISY
Fuck.
TYLER
I know. I didn’t mean to.
DAISY
 If we go to the pharm, will you at least come with me?
TYLER
 I have work.
DAISY
Well then after work.
TYLER
Do you really want me to?
DAISY
Yes. It makes me feel like a skank having to do something like that.
TYLER
It doesn’t make you a skank. Women do it all the time.
DAISY
 It makes me look like I had a one-night stand.
TYLER
That’s not what this is.
DAISY
I know it isn’t.
(He kisses her hand)
TYLER
But I don’t want children yet. I'm focusing on my career so I can provide the best I can for us later.
DAISY
What are you talking about?
TYLER
 It’s not just me now. It’s we.
DAISY
We?
TYLER
 Will you be my girlfriend?
DAISY
You’re asking me now?
TYLER
I know. I’m sorry. Now’s not a good time to ask.
DAISY
 I just wasn’t thinking about it. Right now I’m kind of preoccupied debating the fate of my uterus.
TYLER
 Well you don’t have to. We'll go to the pharm and you won’t have anything to worry.
DAISY
Nothing but eternal damnation.
TYLER
 You’re not even religious.
DAISY
 I’m agnostic.
TYLER
Exactly.
DAISY
 Which means I’m open to different possibilities, one of them being eternal damnation.
TYLER
You won’t be damned. That book was written centuries ago. Things are different now.
DAISY
Yes, I can have pre-marital sex and kill microscopic fetuses.
TYLER
You don’t even know if you’re pregnant.
DAISY
The intent is still there. (long pause) It’s my fault. I just like sex too much. It’s like the best thing in the world.
TYLER
Really?
DAISY
Fuck yeah.
TYLER
What about feelings and companionship?
DAISY
 All that’s great. But I need sex.
TYLER
 I like sex sure. But I don’t need it. I could live without it.
DAISY
Good, then it will be easy to resist me until the two weeks are up. We have like ten more days or something like that.
TYLER
 I won’t have sex with you if you don’t want me to.
DAISY
But that’s the thing. I know I’m going to ask.
TYLER
 Then I’ll say no.
DAISY
 You promise?
TYLER
 I promise.
(Music starts playing)
DAISY
Tell me you will not have sex with me.
TYLER
I will not have sex with you.
DAISY
 Again.
TYLER
 I will not have sex with you. (grabs her by the shoulders and looks in her eyes) I    will   not   have   sex   with   you.


DAISY (Sung)
Cuz we’re just being irresponsible,
And when we have just met let’s not have an accident,
So you’ll just have to stay out of me,
Until the pills kick in and we’re home free, (tempo speeds with every line)
Until the pills kick in and we’re home free,
Until the pills kick in and we’re home free,
Until the pills kick in and we’re home free,
Until the pills kick in and you can just (bang on the piano) me.



Scene 2
(Daisy is looking nervous for some time. Tyler is in the other room and comes out through the door)
DAISY
Oh my god. What does it say?
TYLER
It’s positive.
(The vagina and penis puppet start freaking out while the actors are silent on stage in disbelief. Curtains close)



Share on Google Plus

More From mindfulartiste

    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments :

Post a Comment