Original Poem - Not Your Girlfriend




Not Your Girlfriend


You had me sympathize your irrationality,
"I don't know why I'm this way,
that is how I think of you,"
But now you hold yourself firm,
Sensible,
And it seems I am the delusional one,
But if I want the validation,
I want it,
And if I can't have it,
Then one answer will do,
For I prefer it to your elusiveness,
That self-deprecation provided to appease me,
Eat this while you wait, it might as well be,

You treat it like I'm being childish,
That I don't know where my values are,
But if it is so childish a notion,
what is the point of your withholding?
Haven't I been good?

What more can I show you?
You've now known the worst of me,
I can be pushy and too passionate,
...if that's how you see me,

I am presently somewhere far away off,
I followed my own path with you and without you,
For you had mislead me,
Can I be reeled in?
Brought down,
Lowered to where you stand?
If I take your hand this way,
Will I just be jerked around
till I lose all sense of you,
and all that is us,
But perhaps that is the wrong metaphor, for
It's likely that we may suffer from too weak a grasp,
I don't understand the hold you have on me,

Oh I get it! It's a simple defense,
But time is just one variable,
with an arbitrary end,
And when my heart cannot count,
it is feeling spent.



written and illustrated by Monica Adrian



Share on Google Plus

More From mindfulartiste

    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments :

Post a Comment