Artist Spotlight - Karina Llergo Salto


Karina Llergo Salto is a Chicago based artist, originally from Mexico City. She brings her art to festivals
where she receives recognition and praise. 

Flowing with energy and movement, her art creates stunning visuals of women depicted in the art of
dance . What's striking about her work is the fluidity and breath that resonates from it. Her passions for
water (ten years of competitive swimming), air (love of skydiving) and dance (the rhythm of her life) 
come forth in her acrylic and oil paintings.

The art shown here has already sold, but you can still find reproductions of these images and other original artwork on her website, karinallergosalto.com.

Like air I will raise
60 x 36in
Sold



Reach Beyond Limits
48 x 36in
Sold

Balance
12 x 12in
Sold

Devotion
20 x 24in
Sold

The Window
36 x 43.5in
Sold

Contemplation
16 x 20in
Sold




And now for a quick interview with the artist:


Q. What is it about dance that inspires you?


A. Dance is in my blood. Born and raised Latin, this is the rhythm of my life; within my art is my expression of life, happiness and love.
I have always been mesmerized by the beauty of expression through dance, how it frees our senses and fill us with energy. Dance and its purity of transmitting emotions, combined with my obsession of the human figure since a young age, have lead me to explore the beauty of bodies in motion in my art. I believe in it's power of healing, energizing and gratifying.


karinallergosalto.com








Share on Google Plus

More From mindfulartiste

    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments :

Post a Comment